MS 10982: Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10
Kursavgift: kr 22 500 | Varighet: 5 dager
The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST), who provides Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 personal computers (PCs) and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment. EDSTs focus on a broad range of technical issues for Windows operating systems (OSs), devices, cloud services, applications, networking, and hardware support. In the overarching scenario, if an Enterprise offers the service, the EDST is asked to support it.
The key responsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows 10 installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings; and device synchronization. Some other key responsibilities include local and remote network access; access to applications, access to data and printers; authentication, Endpoint security and policy; OS and data recovery.
The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. Students who seek certification in the 70-697, Windows 10 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 fundamentals.
- Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, experience with Windows 10 or knowledge from the courses 20697-1 and 20697-2.
Betal ditt kurs med SATV kursvouchere
Dersom din bedrift har Software Assurance avtale med Microsoft som inkluderer kursvouchere, kan du gå dette kurset gratis og bruke 5 stk Microsoft kursvouchere
Skriv inn i anmerkningsfeltet når du bestiller at kurset blir betalt med kursvouchere.
Her kan du lese mer om administrasjon og bruk av Microsoft kursvouchere.
Module 1: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
This module explains how to describe the processes involved in establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology. Module also covers various Windows 10 fundamentals, high level architecture and often used troubleshooting tools.
Module 2: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Overview of Windows 10
- Introduction to the EDST Job Role
- Overview of the Troubleshooting Steps
- Troubleshooting Tools
This module explains how to enable students to troubleshoot startup issues and OS services on a computer with Windows 10 installed. This module introduces potential problems that can cause startup issues in Windows 10. It also provides an overview of the Windows startup process, including the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and Boot Configuration Data (BCD).
Module 3: Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
- Overview of the Windows 10 Startup Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting Startup Settings
- Troubleshooting Operating System Services Issues
- Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
This module explains how to enable students to resolve issues related to device drivers and hardware devices.
Module 4: Troubleshooting Remote Computers
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Monitoring Reliability
- Configuring the Registry
This module covers how to troubleshoot a remote Windows 10 computer by using Remote Desktop (RD), Windows Remote Assistance and Windows PowerShell remoting.
Module 5: Resolving Network Connectivity Issues
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
This module explains how to identify network settings and troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity in wired and wireless networks, IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, and name resolution.
Module 6: Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Name Resolution
This module provides an overview of the Group Policy application and describes how to resolve issues in client configuration GPO application.
Module 7: Troubleshooting User Settings
- Overview of Group Policy Application
- Resolving Client Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
This module explains the cause of sign in problems in order to detect the issues and how to troubleshoot them.
Module 8: Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
- Troubleshooting Sign In Issues
- Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
This module explains how to troubleshoot remote connectivity issues when a virtual private network (VPN) or DirectAccess is used.
Module 9: Troubleshooting Resource Access Within a Domain
- Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess
This module explains how to resolve problems of resource access from computers that are domain members. It explains how to troubleshoot file permission issues, encrypting file system (EFS) and printer access issues.
Module 10: Troubleshooting Resource Access for Non Domain Member Clients
- Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
- Recovering Files Encrypted by EFS
- Troubleshooting Printer Access Issues
This module explains how to enable students to resolve problems of resource access from computers that are not domain-joined.
Module 11: Troubleshooting Applications
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Device Registration
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
- Configuring and Troubleshooting OneDrive Access
This module explains how to troubleshoot application installation issues and problems in the desktop and Windows Store apps.
Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Desktop App Installation Issues
- Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Managing Windows Store Apps
- Troubleshooting Access to Company Web Applications
This module explains how to troubleshoot activation issues and performance issues in Windows 10. It also explains how to apply and troubleshoot Windows updates.
Module 13: Recovering Data and Operating System
- Managing and Troubleshooting Windows Activation
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Performance
- Applying Applications and Windows Updates
This module explains how to use file recovery and troubleshoot deleted files. It also covers how to recover a Windows 10 computer.
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Recovering an OS